Thursday, November 18, 2010
You Know You From Hawaii WEN.....
For all you local guys and gurls out dea......You know you from Hawaii when...
- You can understand and speak pidgin english and da people from da mainland cannot understand you!
- No body is completely sure where "north" is...
- You eat rice every single day
- Its shave ice not snow cones, shoyu not soy sauce, saimin not ramen, slippers not flip flops
- The name Duke means royalty...
- You know what "ukus" are and you had um at least once when you was one lil keiki
- Da term "dress up" means one nice aloha shirt and jeans
- You know what "tutu" means
- You get a million pairs of rubbah slippahs outside your house when your family gets together
- You eat portuguese sausage, eggs and rice for breakfast
- You buy large quantities of toilet paper in case ders a longshoreman strike
- You would serve spam as a meat for dinner
- You know wut da "stink eye" is and how to give it
- You can correctly pronounce Kalanianaole, Kalakaua and Aiea
- You know wut a "Huli Huli" chicken is
- You know da difference between being hapa and hapai
- You know wut it takes to get into Kamehameha schools
- You tink 70 degrees is cold
- Public transportation = Da Bus
- You spent half your life barefoot
- You eat mango wit shoyu, vinegar and pepper
- You know how for cook rice by measuring da water wit da knuckle of your index finger
- You call everyone older den you "Aunty" or "Uncle" even if dey arent related to you
- The idea of taking something from a heiau is unthinkable
- A approaching hurricane only means one thing....Surfs up brah!
- Beans are da perfect condiment for ice cream
Posted by hanans9808 at 10:02 PM